The African Research Universities Alliance (ARUA) (www.arua.org.za) has a vacancy at its Accra Office for Office Manager/Personal Assistant to the Secretary-General.
The person will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Manage all administrative functions at the office
- Manage the Office of the Secretary-General, especially with respect to scheduling of meetings, events and travel
- Assist the ARUA Network Manager to organise the logistics of other events hosted by the Alliance in various countries
- Assist the ARUA Network Manager to coordinate relationships with ARUA member universities and other stakeholders
- Keep records of all meetings and events involving the ARUA Accra office
- Manage all travel by ARUA staff
- Manage the finances of the Accra office and report on these annually
- Any other related duties as determined by the Secretary-General
The preferred canadidate for this position must have a master’s degree in any discipline from a good university. The person must have very good writing skills, and must speak and write excellent English. Previous experience in a similar position will be an advantage. Eligible women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The appointment will initially be for two years, starting from 1st January 2021. The terms and other conditions for the appointment may be agreed before appointment.
If you are interested in the position, please send a formal application letter with your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 30th November 2020.